PREDETERMINED STOPS AND COURTESY STOPS
Users are invited to get to the predetermined stops in order to access the Transcollines services safely.
For security reasons, courtesy stops will be authorized in certain circumstances. Although it is highly recommended that users go to the predetermined stops, users may ask for a courtesy stop to the driver with a hand signal. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the courtesy stop is asked in a safe area. The driver, however, might not necessarily acquiesce to the request. No courtesy stops are authorized on the territory of the city of Gatineau.
RIDING WITH TRANSCOLLINES
Get to the requested stop at least 5 minutes before scheduled time.
How to use your Transcollines smart card on Transcollines or STO buses
When boarding, you must:
- Tap your Transcollines smart card on the card reader. A green light shows that your card has been validated.
- Then show the driver the side of your card with the photo.
If you get a red light:
In a Transcollines bus: Fares must be paid for in cash. Ask your driver for your proof of payment. Make sure that you ask for a ticket so that you can continue your trip within the STO network. You will also have to ask for a transfer ticket when boarding the STO bus to continue on to another STO line or to use the OC Transpo network.
In an STO bus: Fares must be paid for via a payment method. Make sure that you ask the driver for an STO transfer ticket to continue to another STO line or to use the OC Transpo network.
If you believe that a technical difficulty is to blame, go to one of our service points.
Note that your purchase receipt will not be accepted as proof of your card’s validity when paying your fare. It serves to validate your point-of-sale transaction. We suggest that you keep it as a proof of purchase.
When you reach your destination, you must:
- Show the driver the side of your card with the photo when getting off a Transcollines bus.
- You do not need to show your card when getting off an STO vehicle.
Intra, Regular or Inter single-trip fare
When purchasing a single-trip fare in a Transcollines vehicle, you must:
Upon boarding, deposit the exact cash amount into the fare box. No change will be given. There are no single-trip tickets for single trips with Transcollines.
Combined single-trip fare
When purchasing a single-trip fare FOR A COMBINED TRIP in a Transcollines vehicle, you must:
- Upon boarding, deposit the exact cash amount for a combined trip into the fare box. No change will be given.
- The driver will give you an STO transfers ticket so that you can continue travelling within the STO network. It is possible to request your transfers ticket while entering or exiting the vehicle.
When purchasing a single-trip fare in an STO bus, you must:
- Upon boarding, pay for your fare by depositing the exact cash amount or a single-trip STO ticket into the fare box. No change will be given.
- Ask the driver for a transfer ticket if your trip requires a transfer within the STO, OC Transpo, or Transcollines network.
- The driver will give you an STO transfer ticket at no extra charge.
- Upon boarding the Transcollines vehicle, you can pay your fare by depositing an STO transfer ticket plus $1.50 (Combined Collines single pass) or $15.75 (Combined Pontiac single Pass) into the fare box. The transfer ticket must be deposited into the Transcollines fare box. Users paying their fare in a Transcollines vehicle with an STO transfer ticket cannot request another STO ticket for a further transfer within the STO network.
INTEGRATION WITH STO
Thanks to a partnership with the STO, Transcollines users are able to take advantage of a combined fare system and a fully integrated service offering access to the services of STO and OC Transpo including the Ottawa’s light rail service.
The Combined type of service is a valid fare from both Transcollines and the STO.
On the Gatineau territory
The STO’s service is responsible for trips which have Gatineau as the point of departure AND arrival. A user cannot board a Transcollines vehicle if it is travelling on Gatineau territory towards Gatineau, nor can they exit a Transcollines vehicle when it is on Gatineau territory travelling towards des Collines.
No courtesy stops are authorized on the territory of the city of Gatineau where boarding and exiting must mandatorily take place at the predetermined Transcollines stops, identified by a bus stop sign.
Transcollines fares not accepted on the STO and OC Transpo networks
Intra, Regular and Inter types of service are valid fares of Transcollines only.
STO fare payements and the Transcollines network
STO fare payments (Multi pass, bus ticket, e-wallet, the Passe-temps) will not be accepted on the Transcollines network except for the transfer ticket.
Acess to OC Transpo services
The combined fares of Transcollines being a valid fare of the STO, Transcollines users may access OC Transpo services according to the same access conditions as those in effect with the STO. The Transcollines smart card will also be in effect on the OC Transpo network. For more information, please visit the section “OC Transpo Fare Payments Valid on the STO” on the STO website (by clicking here).
A reduced service will be offered during the following holidays:
- January 1st New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- The Monday before May 25th National Patriots Day
- July 1st Canada Day
- The first Monday of September Labour Day
- The second Monday of October Thanksgiving
- December 25th Christmas
Please note that regular service will be offered on the Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, June 24th.